The mission of United Way St. Croix Valley is to unite communities, focus resources and inspire people to measurably improve lives in Western Wisconsin.
GOAL – Meeting Basic and Emergency Needs
VISION – Everyone within United Way St. Croix Valley’s service area will have the basic necessities of food, shelter and support during emergencies.
- Community members will have enough wholesome and nutritious food to meet their basic needs.
- People will have access to safe and affordable housing and, if needed, emergency shelter and services.
- Families and individuals will have increased financial stability through access to budget counseling and utilizing community-based and government financial assistance programs.
- Communities will understand how to recognize and prevent abuse so that incidences of violence will be reduced.
- Resource and emergency information is readily accessible through United Way 2-1-1 and other local sources.
GOAL – Strengthening Children and Families
Success By 6
VISION – All children in Pierce and St. Croix Counties with the strong support of family and community will, by age six, have the necessary physical, mental, emotional and social development to successfully grow and learn.
- Parents and caregivers will have knowledge and training and use those skills to provide children with safe, stable and supportive environments.
- Parents and children will have opportunities for group interaction, research and evidence-based education and support.
- Communities will understand the importance of quality early childhood development programs and work to strengthen services.
- Parents and caregivers will be aware of community resources and have the information needed to access them.
- All children will receive age-appropriate developmental screening to identify possible delays and provide the parents with referrals to information, services and resources.
Youth and Family Programs
VISION – Children and youth will develop the skills, self-esteem and resilience needed to become healthy adults and productive citizens.
- Youth improve their school performance and support each other in learning and personal growth.
- Youth participate in quality out-of-school programs that lead to positive life choices.
- Children and their parents or other care-giving adults have stable, supportive relationships.
GOAL – Promoting Health and Independence
VISION – Communities are healthy and senior citizens and persons with disabling conditions remain independent.
- Low-income individuals will have access to basic medical care.
- Senior citizens and persons with disabilities will receive the support needed to remain in their homes and to participate in community life.
- Children, youth and adults will understand and choose healthy lifestyles.
- Informal caregivers are trained and supported so that they can provide adequate care.