The John Coughlin Hope Fund (JCHF) is United Way St. Croix Valley's response to unmet emergency needs in Burnett, Polk, Pierce, and St. Croix Counties. The purpose of the JCHF is to provide funding to individuals and families with verifiable emergency needs when other services or funds are unavailable. Grants are approved for emergency food, shelter, utilities, health and medical access, and other basic needs.
The JCHF partners with local community agencies to identify families and individuals facing short-term financial setbacks and emergencies and works to ensure that existing community resources and opportunities are fully utilized as well.
ABOUT JOHN COUGHLIN
John Coughlin served as the Executive Director of United Way St. Croix Valley for over 20 years before passing away in 2015. John was a valued and dedicated leader in the St. Croix Valley and a tremendous role model for service to our neighbors in need throughout the St. Croix Valley. As John's widow, Mary Beth, shared, "John would have been proud to have the Hope Fund named in his honor. He realized that unexpected events could find people in need of an extra helping hand. John was a compassionate, 'get things done' kind of person, and when he saw a need, he jumped right in to find ways to meet it."
HOW TO APPLY
Individuals seeking assistance through the JCHF can do so by calling 211 St. Croix Valley. A 211 Information & Referral Specialist will assist callers and refer them to appropriate agencies prior to initiating the application process.
Agencies and organizations may submit an application on behalf of clients using the application below. Applications and required documents can be emailed to [email protected], faxed to 715-377-0774, or mailed to United Way St. Croix Valley, Attn: JCHF, 201 2nd St. South, Suite 300, Hudson, WI 54016.
- The applicant must fully complete application and submit requested required documents
- The applicant must reside in Burnett, Pierce, Polk, or St. Croix County
- The applicant, or any member of their household, must not have received a grant through the JCHF within the last 12 months
- The request must be for essential health and human services-related needs (including, but not limited to, rent, food, utilities, etc.)
- The request must be made for a need resulting from an unforeseen event that has resulted in an emergency
- The grant will solve a problem that is not expected to reoccur in the future
- The applicant has exhausted all other community resources
For full eligibility requirements and policies, please view our John Coughlin Hope Fund Policies & Guidelines.
SUPPORT THE JOHN COUGHLIN HOPE FUND
You can support the John Coughlin Hope Fund today by clicking HERE. Your gift can make a real difference in the lives of our neighbors in need!
For more information or questions on how to support the JCHF, please contact Lisa Murphy, Executive Director, at [email protected] or (715) 377-0203 ext. 102.