JOIN US IN SPREADING KINDNESS NOVEMBER 15 - 19, 2021!
We could all use a little more kindness! This past year has been difficult for many, but a small act of kindness can go a long way in making a difference. Join us for United Way Acts of Kindness Week and brighten someone's day, week, or even year by doing something kind.
United Way St. Croix Valley's hope is that residents and businesses will perform at least one act of kindness each day and inspire others to do the same through social media using the hashtag #ActsOfKindnessWI. Acts of kindness can be as simple as a 30-second compliment or as complex as a list of acts to accomplish over the week. Whatever it is, your act of kindness is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face that just may have needed it.
Maya Angelou once said, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel,” so start spreading kindness during United Way's Acts of Kindness Week (and all year long!).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Perform at least one act of kindness each day. Use the list below for ideas or get creative!
- Share your photos, stories, and videos on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter.
- Tag United Way St. Croix Valley and use the #ActsOfKindnessWI hashtag.
- BONUS: Nominate a friend (or five!) to participate and keep the kindness going!
25 IDEAS FOR UNITED WAY'S ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK
- Give a stranger a compliment.
- Share your favorite recipe with a friend.
- Offer to pet sit for a friend or neighbor.
- Send anonymous flowers to a friend or family member.
- Grab coffee for a co-worker on your way to work.
- Donate clothing, linens, or household items.
- Write a 5-star review for your server or customer service worker.
- Sponsor a family for the holiday season.
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood.
- Leave your server or barista a generous tip.
- Offer to pick up groceries for a neighbor.
- Write a positive note and leave it on someone’s car window.
- Donate blood.
- Volunteer or donate to a nonprofit organization in your community.
- Leave a note of appreciation to your mail carrier at your mailbox.
- Donate a book to a local Little Free Library.
- Bring a baked treat to your office or your child’s school.
- Smile and say “hello” to strangers you pass.
- Write inspirational messages on your sidewalk with chalk.
- Buy lunch for the person who is serving you at the restaurant.
- Read to children during story time at school or at the library.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Hide kindness rocks around your favorite park or walking trail.
- Send a random thank-you note to someone you admire.
- Return stray shopping carts to the corral.
ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR PRESCHOOLERS & PARENTS
United Way's Success By 6 Program encourages parents, teachers, and caretakers of young children to get involved in Acts of Kindness Week by teaching children about ways to be kind. Simply print the Acts of Kindness Week calendar for kids HERE and encourage children to choose a daily act of kindness and keep track during the week.