United Way St. Croix Valley's Success By 6 program works to ensure that all children in our communities, with the strong support of family and community, will have the necessary physical, mental, emotional and social development in early childhood to successfully grow and learn.
We know that children who start behind, stay behind. Readiness for kindergarten is a process that begins before birth and must be continually developed during the early years of a child's life. Children learn best in loving, nurturing environments and through everyday experiences. These connections prepare them for future learning, especially in the early years.
United Way St. Croix Valley and its partners are leading initiatives to improve the quality of childcare, family support, early intervention, and public awareness activities to equip parents and caregivers to make the best choices for children.
SUCCESS BY 6 PRIORITIES
Our board has ranked and approved five priorities--the desired results for Success By 6 programs:
- Parents and caregivers will have the knowledge and training to provide children with safe, stable and supportive environments.
- Parents and children will have opportunities for group interaction, education and support.
- Communities will understand the importance of quality early childhood development programs and work to strengthen services.
- Parents and community caregivers will be aware of community resources and have the information needed to access them.
- All children will receive age-appropriate developmental screening to identify possible delays and provide the parents with referrals to services.
For more information or to get involved in United Way's Success By 6 program, please contact Betsy Byker, Success By 6 Program Director, at [email protected].